Event Schedule: Sunday, July 15, 2018.
In event of bad weather some events may be moved to July 16th
Event Venue: Ebisu Beach, Kuratake Town, Amakusa City, Kumamoto Prefecture, JAPAN
Event Organizer: Amaxa Xathlon Volunteer Committee
Event participation capacity: 200 athletes
Sea kayak and SUP New Challenge Course (2km)
Sea kayak (8.4km)
SUP- Stand up paddle board (8.4km)
MTB- Mountain bike (20km)
Trail Run (5.5km)
Paraglider (18 pylons and a target)
The start of the sea kayak and SUP races are at the same time, so athletes can only participate in one.
1. Individual multiple event entry
- • only MTB (1 event)
- • MTB and trail run (2 events)
- • Sea kayak, MTB and trail run (3 events)
Feel free to mix and combine different events
2. Team Entry (it is possible to apply as a team and participate in relay as a team)
3. Full Entry Individual (4 events in relay)
- ※ It is not possible to compete in the full entry category if you are only registered for the Challenge course
Event Participation Cost
- • 1 event adult 4500 yen Student 2000 yen
- • 2 events adult 5500 yen Student 2500 yen
- • 3 events adult 6500 yen Student 3000 yen
- • 4 events adult 7500 yen Student 3500 yen
※ this price includes a simple box lunch and a race T-shirt
Registration will be open from ASF#”$”%$ to DAFA$”%
- • Sea kayak & SUP Challenge Course: open to beginners and athletes in good health
- • Sea kayak Full Course: restricted to kayakers who have paddled a minimum of 20km
- ※ For athletes without experience who are interested in participating in this event, we offer a course with an experienced kayak guide before the race. The kayak course involves coaching in self rescue techniques and a guided tour of about 10km.
- ※ For those athletes who are unable to attend the kayak course but would like to participate in the Amaxa Xathlon
- 1. Undertake similar training with a sea kayak guide in your community
- 2. If you are unable to do training with a sea kayak guide, learn how to and practice self rescue techniques and be able to kayak at least 20km. (we recommend doing this with an experienced kayaking friend)
- • SUP: restricted to athletes with over 8km paddling experience
- • MTB & Trail Run: restricted to athletes with necessary skills, and fitness levels
- • Paraglider: athletes are required to have a JHF pilot license or equivalent license. Paragliders with only a novice license are able to participate in the Amaxa Xathlon provided they have the recommendation of a JHF instructor (or equivalent).
- ♣ For foreign pilots: JHF (Japan Hang & Paragliding Federation) requires pilots in Japan to become a member of JHF, by which they will be provided third party liability insurance coverage.
- ♣ Pilots are recommended to take out JHF group insurance which covers pilot's medical and resucue expenses resulting from accidental injury.
- • Sea kayak: life jacket, bilge pump, paddle float, a cell phone stored in a waterproof case.
- • SUP: board (over 12`6ft hard or inflatable) paddle leash, life jacket, a cell phone stored in a waterproof case.
- • MTB: helmet, cell phone
- • Trail Run: cell phone
- • Paraglider: A harness with adequate protection, a suitable helmet, a rescue parachute, and a GPS which can record your track (for scoring)
※ feel free to carry a GPS with you during all events
Event Winner Presentation
- • Top 3 athletes in each event
- • Top 3 Full Entry Athletes
- • Top 3 Teams
Bad Weather Postponement
In the case of bad weather, certain events may be moved to the next day.
For example, on the day of the race, due to bad weather all events except for paragliding are able to be completed. In such a case, the paragliding event only will be postponed until the next day.
We offer rentals for sea kayaks, SUPs and MTBs.
The number of rentals are very limited and priority will be given to those who apply early.